New laws for swimming pools and spa’s. Are you compliant?
As of 29th April 2016, all properties in NSW with a swimming pool or spa pool cannot be sold or leased without a valid certificate of compliance or relevant occupation certificate.
Does this mean you? If you sell or lease a property with a structure or vessel that is capable of being filled with water to a depth greater than 30cm and is used for swimming, wading, paddling or any other human aquatic activity, it means you.
Are you leasing a property?
Landlords and real estate agents must ensure that any residential tenancy agreement entered on or after 29 April 2016 for any property with a swimming pool or spa pool:
- has a valid swimming pool certificate of compliance or a relevant occupation certificate, and
- a copy of the certificate of compliance is provided to the tenant.
Are selling a property?
If you are selling any property with a swimming pool or spa pool on and after 29 April 2016 you must ensure the contract for sale includes:
- a valid swimming pool certificate of compliance or a relevant occupation certificate issued within the last three years, and a certificate of registration
How to get your certificate
- Contact Fadi at Besafe Property Inspections, a licence and insured pool inspector
- Have inspection and obtain report. Should pool not comply, a re-inspection is required
- Register certificate online
|Standard Residential||Shared Pools|
|Standard Inspection $270 plus GST||Standard Inspection $360 plus GST|
|Express Inspection $400 plus GST||Express Inspection $500 plus GST|
|Re-inspection $135 plus GST||Re-inspection $180 plus GST|
|Issue of Certificate $50 plus GST||Issue of Certificate $50 plus GST|